It's time for me to add to my list of 101 Things That Make Me Happy. As always you can check out my full list of things that make me happy or just check out the new ones :) Some of these come from ideas on other blogs, or websites, suggestions from other bloggers and the world around me. Enjoy!
33. Waking up before the alarm. It's the middle of the night, or early in the morning and you are half asleep. You think 'surely it is almost time to get up' so you roll over to check out your alarm clock. And to your amazement you still have lots of time to sleep before your alarm goes off. Having more time to sleep makes me happy.
34. The moment the lights go out at a concert. You know that moment. You are at a concert of one of your favorite bands. The lights go out and in that moment the audience collectively goes silent for a split second before going crazy. You know you are seconds away from one of your favorite songs. That moment of pure anticipation at a concert makes me happy.
35. Watching little kids at a fireworks show. I love watching little kids watch a fireworks show. The innocent amazement on their face. That sense of awe and wonder at the pretty designs in the night sky. The look on kids faces when they see fireworks at night makes me happy.
36. Absolute, perfectly still silence. Sometimes noise is great. But there is once in awhile where absolute serene silence just makes me happy.
37. Baking cookies. I really enjoy baking. Especially sugar cookies from scratch and then making homemade frosting in different colors. It can be calming for me. Mixing the dough, rolling it, cutting it, frosting it. It's an activity where if my mind wanders it's okay, and I still get a wonderful result. Baking cookies from scratch makes me happy.
38. Ice cream sundaes. Let me be more specific. My favorite sundae is light vanilla ice cream with hot caramel and hot fudge on top. Delicious. Eating ice cream sundaes makes me happy.
39. The smell of lilacs in the air. There are a few weeks in spring when lilacs are blooming when the air smells sweet. The slight hint of lilac in the air makes me happy.
40. Flashback Music. A recurring theme on this list will be music. When I have iTunes on shuffle, or I just get in that certain mood, flashback music is awesome. It could be 80's music classics. A great theme song to a old movie (a la 'Highway to the Danger Zone' and Top Gun). Or, I am slightly embarrassed to admit my love for the boy band O-town. They are flashback songs. Flashback music that reminds me of good times makes me happy.
What makes you happy?