I was getting to the point where I just couldn't function. I knew what I had to get done, had multiple lists for it actually. But I kept thinking of more. Or changing my mind. Or spacing out and losing a few minutes.
So I decided to pack up my stuff and head home. And veg out. It was great. I've taken lots of time this weekend to nap, rest, or sit in my big comfy chair with my laptop and surf the web or work.
Here's what I've learned over the last two weeks:
- While preparation is nice, it's not going to make things perfect.
- Things are going to be missed.
- While other people's ideas and opinions are nice, it's really up to you.
- There is a difference between what you NEED to do and what you WANT to do. (This is still hard to remember, but something I have been telling myself over the last few days.)
- Things go wrong. And that's okay.
- It's okay if not everything is ready to go on day one. Students won't notice, even though I do.
Life is busy, it's fast paced.
There is so much to do in what seems to be so little time.
Remember there are many things in life that can wait.
But The Sunset Won't!