Well, I've missed posting on a few days, but I've still thought of things. It's just taking time to get them written. I have 5 more official days of my challenge, but would like to make it to Christmas. Each day I will write three gratitudes and to journal/write about one positive experience from the day. The gratitudes can be trivial or deep. And even on the toughest of days there is at least ONE thing that is positive or goes well.
Gratitude: thankfulness, gratefulness or appreciation;
a feeling or attitude in recognition of a benefit that someone has received.
Positive: favorable, good, approving, enthusiastic, supportive, encouraging
(Times 4 days!)
40. I appreciate surprise gifts.
41. I'm thankful for that minute before the bell rings on the last day of school before a big break.
42. I'm grateful to have a car that heats up quickly.
43. I appreciate artists who write new Christmas music!
44. I appreciate when an interviewer actually lets their guest speak,
or answer questions they are asked.
45. I appreciate people who work retail this time of year.
I remember, there are days when it is NOT fun, or joyful, or merry.
46. I'm thankful for stretchy jeans!
47. I'm thankful for the ability to be able to give people I love gifts.
48. I appreciate sunshine.
49. I appreciate the time that is spent at holiday (or really any other) gatherings playing games.
50. I'm grateful for fresh baked cookies.
51. I'm thankful for youth group parents willing to host gatherings for us.
I am grateful.
One Positive From The Last 24 Hours:
(Well, four, from the last four days. Oops!)
I got all my grading done BEFORE leaving work on Friday.
I went to sign up for Netflix for a month, and discovered I had a free trial!
I got ALL my Christmas shopping and wrapping done, before Christmas Eve.
We had a very successful Youth Group Christmas Party, even if a few students and leaders couldn't make it.
"Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day."
Many things in life can wait... but finding the positives,
remembering what you are grateful for,
and The Sunset Won't!