It's been awhile since I have worked on my list of 101 Things That Make Me Happy. As always you can check out my full list of things that make me happy or just check out the new ones. I have 1-50 completed and can't wait to keep plugging away on my list.
51. Purple pens. Black, blue, green and red. The standard colors of a pen. Realistically green is harder to find and less common. I love Pentel EnerGel purple ink pens. (specific I know, but seriously, they're awesome) A good pen is hard to find, so when you find one you love it. This pen writes well, is a pretty color and it's different. Writing with a purple pen makes me happy.
52. My ragtime quilt. As I mentioned before my mom is a quilter. My ragtime quilt is well-used. Snuggling under my ragtime makes me happy.
53. Disney movies. The unrealistic expectations about hair, men, talking animals. Oh, how I love Disney. But really, I love the music. That's probably my favorite part. I love Disney movies. And I am amazed at when I sub or a teaching how excited students are when they get to watch a disney movie in class. They are universally appealing. There is something for everyone. Which is my favorite? Sleeping Beauty!
54. The blue music box. When my grandpa was very ill he purchased two gifts from the nursing home gift store. A snow globe for me and a small blue music box for my grandma. I always loved that music box. It was small, but decorative. The music was beautiful. Seeing that blue music box makes me happy.
55. Music. Music is the key to my soul. If you want to know how I am feeling listen to what I have playing on my iTunes. There is a playlist, artist or album that I turn to for almost everything. Music is a huge part of my life. Music makes me happy.
56. Fitting into those pants. Most women will know exactly what I mean. There is that pair of pants that you have shoved in the back of your closet, or in the bottom of a dresser drawer. You haven't worn them in a long time because they don't fit. One day, feeling particularly adventurous you decide to pull those suckers out. You try them on, and low and behold, they fit. Fitting into those pants makes me happy.
57. Comforting a friend. There is something about comforting a friend, making their load lighter, cheering them up, sharing some sage advice. Being able to comfort a friend makes me happy.
58. Random Gifts. I am not saying that I want to get gifts all the time. But when someone randomly gives you a gift, for no reason other than they saw something and thought of you... it just makes you smile. And giving a random gift and seeing that smile on someone else's face is just as rewarding. Random gifts make me happy.
59. Favorite TV shows. I have seen every episode of 'Bones.' But there is something about that show for me. Whenever I watch it I smile. I might have seen an episode 6 times but I still enjoy watching it. Yes, I know who did it, how they did it, and whether they were caught. But it doesn't matter. Because favorite tv shows make me happy.
60. A good hair/makeup day. It's been a long week. You're tired and can't wait for Friday to get here. You get up, shower, do your hair and put on your face (your makeup). You look in the mirror for a final check before you walk out the door and you stop. Not in a self-absorbed way, but you look and think, "man my hair looks good today," "I did a good job with my makeup today," or perhaps, "this looks really cute today." It's exciting. Because as we know a bad hair day can ruin your mood. So a good hair/makeup day makes me happy.
What makes you happy?
I love this and I agree with so many of them! And not to be superficial, but I have to comment specifically on #60. A good hair/makeup day can really make your day, and a bad one can really break it. Not because looks are everything, but because of the confidence factor that comes with a good hair/makeup day. I happened to have a good hair day today (despite the rain!) and it's made my blah Tuesday a little bit better.ReplyDelete
I love reading your happy lists!
I totally agree Amy. There is a confidence about a great hair/makeup day that makes a day a little better. Thanks for taking the time to stop by and read the list :)ReplyDelete